Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bright's Passage by Josh Ritter

I have become a fan of short stories. They are great for a car ride where I am the passenger and I can keep my mind and my obsession (reading) busy. This short story is of a returning veteran from WW1. Henry Bright has lived to tell the tale of the war with the help of a guardian angel. After the death of his wife Bright is guided by the very same angel who has followed him from the war. He needs all the help he can get with his infant son. While trying to come to terms with his life he us harassed by his father in law and his two masochistic sons.

My only problem with the book is it seemed to start in the middle of the story, but the following chapters would flashback to Bright's childhood and then also to his role in the war. Then the next chapter would return to the present day and his PTSD. All in all a good book.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment