Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Do Me, Do My Roots by Eileen Rendahl

Do Me, Do My Roots is about Emily who is a young widow, and mother to a seven year daughter, who is clinging to her daughter, her parents, her husband's best friend who's suddenly romantically interested in her, and her sisters. There is a definite play on words in the title. The “Root” mean not only her relatives but also the primary female characters meet to touch up their roots each month, the sisters perform standard beauty shop fair as they agonize over their love lives or lack there of. They deal with family issues, health close-calls, and finding love in unexpected places. I loved this book and it made me wish for sisters (as I have none). The humor is hilarious and the sentiments are moving.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment