Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cosmopolis by Don DeLillo

I picked up Cosmopolis because RPatz is in the movie and I’m debating on seeing it. The book itself is short enough to be a novella and I am concerned how a full length movie could be made from the book. The book chronicles a day in the life of Eric Packer, a young billionaire, as he is chauffeured from his across the city for a haircut. The chronicle narrates how his journey is interrupted by a presidential motorcade, a rapper's funeral, secret sexual rendezvous, and an unplanned get-together with his new wife, a movie set, an intense political demonstration and an assassin in the hunt to kill him. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the book and I could easily see RPatz as the lead character but I am still unsure if there is just enough for a full length film.
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment