Friday, March 2, 2012

Rape a Love Story by Joyce Carol Oates

I picked up Rape a Love Story at my local Book Warehouse for one dollar simply because the title was so ironic. I was not disappointed. This book was very difficult to read and should come with a rating. Rape a Love Story tells the story of Teena who was gang raped by drunken teenage boys and then blamed by the perpetrators family members for what happened. There were times that I had to put the book down because I just couldn't read any more of it, and it was a difficult book to finish. The love story suggested to in the title is her account is her desperate love for her mother and the adoration that she feels for the police officer who believes Teena's story and supports them. This is definitely a great story that is heart breaking at the same time.
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment