Monday, January 17, 2011

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Ray recommended Outlander and this is one of those books I wish I had read long ago. I am not a huge fan of historical fiction but I cannot believe that I had never read this novel before. Outlander is a historical romance, and it utterly encompasses most of these genres. Claire learns about the past in Scotland when she is transported to the earlier time. I was worried the whole time I was reading the book: what choice would Claire make? Would she stay in the past or go home to the present? Not only did Diana Gabaldon give me an answer to the question, but her cliffhanger was first-rate but not agonizing. Unlike some series, this novel was complete within itself. I cannot wait to read the next one, but I feel satisfied with the way it ended.
5 Stars !!

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't read the rest of the series, you should. It gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete