Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekends at Bellevue by Julie Holland MD

Julie Holland works in the psych ward at Bellevue for nine years before going into private pratice. Throughout the years she has fought the system, well, it seems she fought anyone who she saw as below her but rose above her professionally. Julie learned about loge and loss but tends to distance herself from anything she deems to be to hard emotionally. Shecomes off as being all about me at times and actually seems to dislike anytime her friend,Lucy, who succombed to cancer, is mentioned.
I enjoyed reading aboutthe different patients but even then she comes off as uncaring at times. I was excited about this book but after reading it I hope I never have to go to q psychiatrist who needs a psychiatrist.
3stars

No comments:

Post a Comment