Monday, August 15, 2011

Daddy's Roommate by Michael Willhoite

I'm not sure that the books position that being gay is a unusual kind of love might be too basic than necessary and while I welcome the humor in the use of the word roommate to mean spouse/significant other the use here could be confusing to the reader when it comes to people living as genuine roommates without being spouse/significant others. I absolutely adore the books depiction of the couple in this story as they have on the same daily routines as other committed families. It shows that this is just as normal a way to live and be as any other family dynamic. I think Daddy's Roommate has a wonderful family friendly message and I will definitely read it to my granddaughter (she is only four months right now so I am sticking to basic shapes, colors, counting, ect board books).

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment