Monday, August 29, 2011

One Day by David Nicholls

One Day documents the tale of two friends, Emma and Dexter, on July 15th of each year that they have known each other. This itself was an innovative way of story telling. Emily and Dexter take us along the path of adulthood as two friends they toil through sorrow, love, dependence, excellent jobs, dreadful jobs, travels, and break ups. At first, I was doubtful about this book. I found it odd at first to only read about their lives on July 15 of each year but the more I read the more I realized that David Nicholls does such a good job at depicting a portrait of the lives of these two people that all you need is that one day a year. At times I had no concept where the book was going and I grew drained with all the drama that surrounded Dexter but I stuck with it. All in all a good book.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment