Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Feast for Crows by George R R Martin

This is my second time reading this book seeing as I had to wait so long for A Dance with Dragons I needed to refresh. Well I have to say it was just as good the second time around.

A Feast for Crows is very diverse story and it seems as the epic becomes more extensive I found myself questioning whether telling the tidings of the ironborn in detail was necessary for the main storyline. On the other hand, the parts happening in the Vale and Braavos brought exciting new twists, and the fates of many long-standing characters were found out. The book is not a waste of time by any standard, but its role in the series feels like simply building up for the next installment, which has been a long time in the waiting. In a few days I will know if it is worth it.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment