Monday, August 15, 2011

My Brother Sam is Dead by James Lincoln Collier

Tim Meeker is just 12 years old in 1775 when his 16-year-old brother Sam leaves Yale to enlist in the Rebel army. When the war comes to Tim’s quiet town of Redding, Connecticut Tim cannot decide which side is right the Rebels, also called Patriots, who Sam is willing to die with, or the Tories, who believe the King is the lawful leader of the American colonies. As both the Patriots and the Tories take his loved ones and friends away from him, Tim mourns the pain that comes with growing up.

My Brother Sam is Dead is written in fascinating, animated modern English that drew me into the story and conversations. As each event occurred, I felt I was a part of the action and I enthusiastically awaited the resolution.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment