Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flirting with Forty by Jane Porter

When I picked up Flirting with Forty by Jane Porter, I laughed a little. I absolutely love that this is a type of book. I hate to admit this, but I am flirting with the big 41 while Jackie, the main character in this novel, is flirting with the big 40.

I enjoyed reading the novel a great deal. It was a light, fun read that made me laugh exactly what I like to call mind candy. The comedy starts with the first scene where Jackie is getting the family Christmas tree and continues throughout. While I don't have a lot in common with Jackie since she's a recently divorced mother of two, and I am still married and about to become a very young grandmother, I still found myself relating to her and where she's at in her life.

While I do consider this book mind candy and fun, there were some really good messages in this story. I could definitely understand some of her insecurities about her looks and I could also really relate to her relationship with her friends as I know from experience that women can be so judgmental.

No comments:

Post a Comment