Monday, March 21, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The story is different to most YA novels I have read and it kept my interest the whole way through. The major characters were well thought out, but I would have liked a little more thought given to the supporting characters. Henry was beautifully written, he comes off as dark, tormented and mesmerizing but in realty he was gentle, caring, had an air of timelessness about him and the patience that would seemingly come with immortality.
Kate was credible, likeable and simple to relate to except for the point at which she chose to go to Henry. I cringed a little at her way of thinking until she got to the point of what he could do for her mother. However, this didn’t detract from my enjoyment.
The development of Kate and Henry’s relationship seemed normal. I found James’ unexpected friendship a bit bizarre at first but when I got to the end, I understood the reasoning behind it.
All in all the book was well written and enjoyable but yet knowledgeable.
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment