Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sink or Swim by Stacy Juba

I received a copy of this book from the author Stacy Juba. The funny thing is when I read the first page I was reluctant to go to the second because she fakes me out. See I do not read historical fiction very often and that it what I though it was. Well considering that I really like Stacy I decided to move ahead and boy was I surprised.

Sink or Swim is a great book. Cassidy returns from being on a reality show and of course her life transforms. She is now a celebrity. Some changes are fantastic but it also seems she has also picked up an obsessed follower. The book is not just the mystery of who the stalker is and what will happen. It's seeing Cassidy come into her own self by watching her grow and change during the course of the book.

I kept trying to speculate throughout the book whom the stalker could be, then I would change my mind. The end was a complete shocker and considering I usually guess who the ending by the middle of the book or movie I really enjoyed being surprised. I picked this book up toyed with the first page for a bit and then dug in not putting it down until two hours later when I was finished.

This was an excellent book. Thank you Stacy for sharing!!

5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to post a review, Kathy- so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete