Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pride Predudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen

OK So I love paranormal stories and this one just seemed like it was fun. So I began Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which is a mixture of the classic Pride and Prejudice and of course the zombies. Zombies have found themselves involved in rebirth in society and literature.

I was keyed up to read this book for one reason; I kept coming across the book in the humor section every time I straightened the section in my position at Borders.

I haven’t read the original Pride and Prejudice in years and I probably won’t ever again even though it looks great on my bookshelf sandwiched in between Twilight and One for the Money. I would have to say that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is more Pride and Prejudice than it is Zombies.

The Zombies always being a danger and their random attacks of the people in the story was nicely interwoven and I actually wished there were more. The zombies were more of a secondary storyline and I felt were underused as a foundation of torment in the re-telling.

Overall I enjoyed the paperback and liked the zombie addition to a classic story. My only criticism to the story is that there weren’t enough of the zombies.

I will continue on my endeavor by reading Abraham Lincoln and Vampires.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment